July 3 & 4 : Châtel en Fête
June 25 to July 5: La Rochelle International Film Festival
July 10 to 14: Francofolies Festival
August 1: Festival of boucholeurs
August 7 to 19 : Global Mix Festival
August 28 to September 5: La Rochelle Exhibition Fair
September 15 to 19 : Festival of Fiction
September 28 to October 3 : Grand Pavois de La Rochelle
November 15 to November 21, 2021: International Film and Adventure Book Festival
November 28 : La Rochelle Marathon
Plan du centre ville
de La Rochelle
plan de toute La Rochelle
A weekend in La Rochelle
Here are the essentials on a Weekend in La Rochelle:
- The nineteenth century market of the old city on Saturday morning and the market Pallice Sunday morning, visit the La Rochelle you the weekend!
- The visit of the medieval Three Towers of La Rochelle (€ 9 per pass - free for children under 25)
- The aquarium : 2 hour visit to the heart of the Ocean. One of the most beautiful in France.
- Walk of 1h30 or 3h in the historic center offered in the little booklet "La Rochelle Passion" available in our guest rooms. To discover: the most beautiful buildings in the city and explanations on the history of our beautiful city ... in complete freedom and autonomy.
- Have a drink on one of the terraces of the Old Port, opposite the 2 Towers; Obviously !
La Rochelle with the family
La Rochelle has a lot to offer families. The Aquarium remains the flagship visit for children. But other sites are to be visited! The museum of automatons and reduced models will delight the little ones but also the adults who will find their childish souls. Also take advantage of your stay to book a sea trip around Fort Boyard and a stopover on Île d'Aix to enjoy the coves and a picturesque village.
In Rochefort, T he visit of the Hermione will allow them to imagine the life of the gabiers - sailors on an old rig of the time, enough to make them dream of adventures for a long time! As a bonus, make them climb the Accro-masts , a tree climbing created on a 3 masts reconstituted!
For the more connected, discover the online game Terra Aventura which will allow you to discover the city while having fun. A good idea to captivate children ... and parents!
Visits to the Tourist Office:
Because there is nothing like the professionalism and knowledge of the guides of the region, Discover here the tours offered by the office.
Walks and bicycles
Aude has obtained hiking maps of the La Rochelle coast, the Ile de Ré and the Poitevin marshes . The hiking trails are well marked and easy level because the region is flat, the horizon as far as the eye can see ...
Charente Maritime is the leading French department for cycle tourism!
In La Rochelle, ALL BY BIKE!
Here, we love cycling, it is an integral part of the life of the people of La Rochelle.
The tracks are secure and flat, bicycles are self-service or long-term rental, motorists used to the presence of two wheels.
Whether you are more into walking or sport hiking mode, there is something for everyone.
Spend your holidays in La Rochelle
You can spend a week's vacation in La Rochelle without getting bored! Here is the list of some of the region's must-see sites:
- The city center of La Rochelle , its alleys, its medieval towers, its atmosphere, its bars and its restaurants;
- The island of Ré, for its natural beauty, its typical small villages, its beaches, its oysters, its salt and its cycle paths.
- Fort Boyard and Île d'Aix , accessible only by boat, from the Old Port of La Rochelle;
- Châtelaillon-Plage , the seaside town of the 1900s; for its 3km beach, its atypical villas and its family atmosphere;
- Rochefort , maritime arsenal, birthplace of Hermione, town of Pierre Loti, spa ... Unusual gems are to be discovered in this town.
- The Marais Poitevin, called La Venise Verte. Nature reserve classified 40 minutes from La Rochelle towards Niort. A beautiful green stage on a boat in the silence of nature!
... And many other things to discover ... on a future stay ... ;-)
Off the beaten track
For those who wish to discover our territory other than on the main tourist routes, here are some great discoveries:
- Visit of the foreshore ; Saphia invites you to discover the coast of Ile de Ré. A really exciting approach, for Aude, the best visit to the coast to understand the ocean and all that it brings.
- L'Houmeau, Lauzières, Marsilly and Esnandes: the north coast of La Rochelle is to be discovered by bike or on foot. Wild, steep and gourmet thanks to its good addresses for seafood restaurants, this is THE PLACE to take a deep breath of iodized and invigorating air.
- Visit the region's châteaux : La Roche Courbon, Crazannes, Buzay ... To dive back into history and explore the Renaissance gardens.
- South side : Les boucholeurs : a small village of oyster farmers which has kept all its charm of yesteryear. Mussel Festival in early August.
- The promenade des carrelets , from the bay of Yves to Fouras les Bains: On the cliff, the path is now forbidden due to erosion but in Fouras the carrelets are accessible and beautiful photos can be taken at sunset.
Getting around La Rochelle
La Rochelle aims to become the first Zero Carbon urban and coastal area! An ambitious project which requires the mobilization of all. This is why, here are some good plans to discover the city of La Rochelle without necessarily using your car (the good news is that it is possible!).
1 st good plan: Coming by train to La Rochelle. Our house is located just 20 minutes from the station on foot and 5 minutes by bus. Then you can get around by bus, bicycle or on foot.
2 nd Good Plan: Rent a bike at home from May 15 to October 15, 2021. The Yélo Vélos service has also set up a self-service bicycle terminal 300m from the house (with mobile application).
3 rd Good Plan: The Bus. Completely overhauled since 2017, the "Yélo" bus network in La Rochelle will take you to the main sites of the city and its surroundings. The nearest stop to the house is 300 m away. The Illico 1 bus will take you to the Old Port in 7 minutes, to the station in 5 minutes and to the airport in 40 minutes. Easy connection to the beach, Île de Ré, Châtelaillon ... Hours: 7 am to 10 pm weekdays and 7 am to 1 am on weekends. Ticket sales at the guest house.
If you choose to drive around La Rochelle by car, I will show you the easiest car parks to access from our house (Vieu x Port Sud and Encan), which is located 2km from the house. The rest of the visit will be on foot because the city center is mainly pedestrianized.